Even a small amount of dehydration can affect your mental and physical performance.
Don’t wait for thirst to hit, use these 5 helpful tips to stay hydrated all day.
1. DRINK ONE GLASS OF WATER EACH MORNING RIGHT AFTER YOU WAKE UP AND ONE JUST BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.
6-8 hours is a long time to go without water, so it’s a great idea to hydrate up before you hit the sack. Drinking a glass or two of water right when you wake up is also a great way to quickly rehydrate your body and start your day right.
2. KEEP A REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE ON HAND TO SIP THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
Carrying a reusable water bottle with you all day is one of the easiest ways to stay hydrated. Whether you are doing the school run, working out at the gym or sitting at the desk, having a water by your side will be a constant reminder to drink more water.
3. EAT A GOOD VARIETY OF WATER-RICH FRUIT & VEGGIES.
Drinking water isn’t the only way you can up your hydration. Eating a variety of water-rich ruits and vegetables including berries, melons, oranges, grapes, carrots, lettuce, cabbage & spinach can sneakily boost your hydration without you knowing!
4. WHEN YOU REACH FOR A COFFEE REACH FOR A WATER AS WELL.
Why not create a good hydration habit by tying it to a habit you already have? If you drink coffee during the day try adding a water at the same time. Easy!
5. FLAVOUR YOUR WATER WITH FRESH FRUIT TO MIX THINGS UP A BIT.
Let’s be honest, sometimes you do really feel like more than just a glass of water. So, why not pimp your drink with some added flavour. Try adding berries, melon chunks, cucumber, or the classic lemon, lime & mint combo to mix your water drinking up a bit.